Saturday 27 December 2008

The One With The New Shoes

I got a call from the running store on Boxing Day informing me that the shoes I ordered (“freakishly extra wide” for “special” runners) had arrived, so this morning I went to collect them. And here they are. Pretty, huh? I was a bit disappointed they didn't have flashing lights or wheels in the heels but how cool is the personalised initial on the side?

As I tried them on, they seemed to gently and seductively wrap around my feet and I devoured the explanatory blurb on the box in an effort to discover more…

Comfortable and cushioned training shoe constructed for the neutral runner seeking a responsive ride. (Yeah baby!) The interior PHANTOM LINER and lightweight mesh upper will keep your feet feeling great as you run the miles. With our patented padding technology of Baby Pandas & Angel Tears™, blisters are a thing of the past and you’ll never feel any pain anywhere ever again.”

Okay, the last sentence isn’t entirely true (I still get the odd blister) but from the first moment the young oik assistant let me try them out on the store treadmill, I knew this was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Let’s just hope the doctor doesn’t tell me my foot is already broken when I go and see him on Tuesday.

No comments: