Saturday 1 November 2008

The One Where I Decide To Quit Smoking

If I’m going to run a marathon I can’t continue to smoke cigarettes. For one thing, the rush of wind as I sprint along will make them hard to light. Ha, ha, ha. So since November 1st has been a significant date for me in the past (started a new primary school; started working; started my round-the-world trip) I have chosen today to make a concerted effort to stop smoking.

However, I received a proposition earlier which will mean drinking, eating and sneaky smoking tonight so not wishing to appear rude, I said “absof#ckinglutely” and have postponed the effort for another day. Saturday was such a stupid day to try and give up something anyway. Same for Sunday. Let’s go for Monday because they’re always such stress free days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and don't forget november first is my wee one's birthday, that's the most important one