Thursday 23 April 2009

The One With The Global Position Thingy

In an hour’s time I’m heading to the airport to fly to London on a jet plane. My bags are packed, I’m ready to go and quite frankly I am ever so slightly sh#tting myself. On the plus side though, all my immediate family are going to be there, even my wee-est brother Keithy who’s skipping parole and jumping (bail) on a flight from Texas in order to feed me cut-up Mars bars every 5 miles or so on Sunday.

If you’d like to watch out for me on television, my running number is 41484 and I’ll be the one in the maroon running vest and white shorts. And knees pads. Near the back. Beside the guy in the deep sea diving suit. But you know that already. I’ve tried to find out whether there’s some kind of fancy on-line GPS tracking system you can use to tell whether I go “off the grid” and jump on the tube instead, but it all seems to be connected to Adidas’s text update service through the website below and that’s all far too complicated for me to research further, much less understand.

http://marathon.mhub3.net/

With luck, I’ll get back on-line on Sunday evening with news of the outcome. Either that or I’ll buy an iPhone and post an update from my hospital bed. Meantime, many thanks to Alasdair & Sheena, Ken & Christine, Linda, Kate and Kirsty for their kind sponsorship in the last few days, it’s very much appreciated. Here goes nothin'...

3 comments:

Lesley said...

GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous said...

you know what you gotta do ..............................do it. ..........................DO IT!



Gordy Mac

mrsderusha said...

In honor of your feat I've butchered an Irish toast for you:

Here's to a beautiful run and a merry one.
A quick (or leisurely) pace and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold beer—and another one!

Good Luck!!