Wednesday 8 April 2009

The One With The Second Opinion. And The Third.

This morning I went to see an old friend who gives massages. To be fair, she’s actually a Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist & Clinical Aromatherapist which means that although I usually go home afterwards feeling like I’ve had a good “going over”, I sure do smell pretty.

As usual when I arrived, she told me to take off my clothes but unusually, she then invited a friend to join us. Struggling to stifle a broad grin, I expected a flurry of camera phones to appear but it turned out her friend was a physiotherapist who’d been told of my knee trauma so they both examined my lower back closely and decided the problem had definitely originated there as a “soft tissue” issue. You see, the back bone is apparently connected to the hip bone and the hip bone’s connected to the *breath* thigh bone and so on and so forth, all the way to the knees and toes, knees and toes.

Anyway, they reckoned I shouldn’t have had the steroids shots yesterday adding more fluid to already fluid-filled knees (also, I don’t think they liked the new breasts) but I suppressed the urge to open my flesh with a scalpel to see what’s really going on and instead managed to lie back quietly for an hour while experienced hands tried to fix me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read your blog.I thought it was great.. Hope you have a great day. God bless.

Ritchie
www.imarksweb.org