Tuesday 10 March 2009

The One With The Running Vest

Today my official running vest arrived in the post from the NAS – pretty, isn’t it? – and in an instant, made this whole marathon experience more real than it’s ever been up to this point. Now, finally, I can add vivid colour to the image in my mind of me crossing the finishing line, arms outstretched as I try and dig my nails into the concrete and pull my broken and prostrate body inch by agonising inch towards its final resting place.

Last year’s NAS vest was light blue in colour but I much prefer this one because it’s almost the same as the basketball strip I wore with great success in High School, that being the last time I could run for more than 20 minutes. I’m presuming my official race number will be pinned on underneath the wording but I’m a little concerned that there might not be enough room towards the top to iron on “Lightning Boy Woo! Hoo!”, my official race moniker. We’ll see…

1 comment:

Donald said...

it'll go well with shiny short shorts.