Thursday 5 February 2009

The One With More New Shoes

It’s been quite severe winter weather this week across the UK, although thankfully, central Scotland seems to have escaped the worst of it. But its arrival is timely because I’ve been keen to get another pair of running shoes to rotate into the training plan so that my original pair don’t get wet and muddy or wear out too quickly or decide to up and leave me because of all the constant abuse they endure.

I ordered a new pair last week (New Balance 1063s, if you like details) and got an email on Tuesday evening advising they would be delivered yesterday so my boss very kindly let me work from home so I could sign for the package when it arrived. And here they are. Cute huh? Look how they nuzzle into each other while they sleep… aw, just like weary little tiger cubs.

Now I know you’re worrying that from a fashion standpoint, perhaps the yellow flashes may clash uncomfortably with my golden locks of hair and I’ll be subject to much abuse ‘out on the road’ from cooler kids. But let me reassure you that my thick woolly hat looks likely to be covering my head until the Scottish summer arrives on June 29th (departs July 6th) and by then I’ll be fast enough to run away.

Despite yesterday being a rest day on the training plan, I was dead keen to try them out so I went for a steady 20 minute run (2 x 10 minutes with a minute of walking in between) and they felt lovely and cushioned. A very sweet ride.

Favourite iPod moment last evening: Maria Mckee singing ‘I’m Gonna Soothe You

No comments: