Monday 26 January 2009

The One With More Excuses

Well it’s been two weeks now since this blog was born and despite my usual rash promises (“It’ll be up to date by the 19th, definitely!”... “No, no, it was a POKER website, honest dear.”... “Sure, I’ll definitely call you.”) some of the posts are still not completed, while others are inspirational ideas that came to me fully formed during a long run only to disappear as soon as I collapsed back on the couch.

If it’s your first visit here today then welcome, come in and make yourself at home but would you mind leaving your muddy shoes at the back door please? Oh, and watch you don’t put them on the spleen I coughed up there yesterday. Thanks. I know I seem to be doing this welcome thing most Mondays but there might be a few work colleagues tuning in this week after I bombarded everyone I know on Friday (pay day!) for their support, and more specifically, for them to show me the money.

In that regard, let me say a huge thank you to all who sponsored me in the last seven days… Norm, Gordy, Lorraine, WS, Linda, Stavros, Morven, Kenny, Gill, Neil, Jo, Eric B, Hawaii, Graeme, Nick, Andy and Big Al… I’m constantly amazed by your generosity, kindness and inspirational words of support, although I have to admit I struggled to find the Obama-like rhetoric of hope in Graeme’s succinct “You have no chance of finishing”.

Anyway, despite appearances – and not unlike the second, ragged-looking Death Star - this website will be fully operational by next Monday, not least because I have some days off this week and will be putting my hands to very good use. On the keyboard. And what not.

Have a great week.

No comments: