Monday 12 January 2009

The One With The New Blog

For those of you joining us for the first time, perhaps via erstwhile sister blog ‘neilwritestheblog’, a very warm welcome to you. It’s a little embarrassing to begin with an apology but you’ve actually caught us a bit off guard this morning as we’re still getting things sorted out and haven’t yet unpacked the good cutlery or tracked down curtains to match the carpets. Found the kettle though. Tea?

The purpose of this blog is to try and document my experience of training for and running the 2009 Flora London Marathon. It’s as much for my benefit (perhaps more so) as it is for anyone who reads it because I hope writing about it publicly will keep me honest about doing what needs to be done, instead of, for example, pretending that I did that first long 75 minute run yesterday. More on that later.

If you want to scroll down to the very bottom and work your way upwards, you’ll see some of the things I’ve been up to over the last six months, together with some unfinished stories yet to be.. um.. finished. Between now and next Monday I hope to fill in all the gaps and get up to date so that going forward, there will be something new on this blog almost every day. That ‘thud’ you heard right there was the sound of people who know me, keeling over in disbelief.

After you’ve scrolled down and read a little about the people responsible for making me undertake this ridiculous venture, I’d like you to offer whatever financial support you can in helping me raise funds for the National Autistic Society. If you click on all these brightly coloured red words that are underlined, you’ll be whisked off to my fundraising page where it’s quick and easy to make a donation online. Any amount, big or small, will help and will be very much appreciated.

So why not go ahead and do that now to avoid me annoying you with emails later this week. Because you know that I will so totally do that!

2 comments:

Donald said...

good luck that man - perhaps a stop for a pizza supper might provide extra energy?

Anonymous said...

Good luck Neil, you are an inspiration to us all. Especially me.

Much love.

Edge x